Most kitty parents have at least heard that kitties are “obligate carnivores” but do you really know what that means? Quite simply, it means that we are meat eaters. It means we eat meat and only meat (including organs and bones). We don’t need fiber. Our bodies aren’t designed for it. We don’t have the enzyme needed to digest it and so fiber can cause digestive issues. That includes all those grains you find in commercial pet food as well as those fruits and vegetables. I know, you think if fruits and vegetables are good for you they must be good for us, but, no. Now, I know the next thing you are probably going to say is, “but what about the grains in the stomach’s … Continue reading
Get My Insider Newsletter
Shop My Affiliates
Disclosure: I will receive a commission, at no additional cost to you, if you purchase through my affiliate links.
- Waste Not, Want Not
- What’s That on Your Chin, Ocean?
- Do Cats Really Like Fish?
- Celebrating and Remembering Echo — May 2009…
- Benefits of a Pet Water Fountain
- 5 Things to do Before Disaster Strikes — Cat…
- Why I Went to the Vet on My Road Trip
- A Recap of our Move from California to Texas
- There’s Something Fishy About These Treats!…
- Two Cats in a Travel Trailer — Preparing for Adventure
Don’t miss what I share on Facebook
Paw Some Pins
Just for Fun